The following are my standard Terms and Conditions.
Life coaching is provided on the following basis:
- Coaching: I will provide coaching at dates, times and number of months that we agree in advance, to be extended or renewed by agreement
- Location: These sessions will take place by Skype or phone. All coaching calls and/or Skype calls are initiated and paid for by the coachee
- Fee: The fee will be according to an agreed rate, always paid 48 hours in advance in pounds sterling and to reach me at least 48 hours in advance of the session, by credit card subscription using Paypal or by internet bank standing order, in order to obtain or retain the client’s slot in my coaching schedule
- Cancellation rights and requirements:
- The client has 14 days from booking a project, or where applicable a free-standing, individual session that is not part of a project, in which to cancel the work that has been booked, and to receive a refund of money paid. Where work is to be delivered within the above 14 days, the client is asked to specifically request that such delivery occurs and consent to waive their right to a refund for the work in question. (UK Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, and EU legislation)
- In addition to the above consumer right, and inclusive of that right, I also promise to refund any money paid for any upcoming work that a client wishes to cancel, provided that I have at least 48 hours’ notice before a booked session. Within the 48 hour period then, subject to the initial 14 day period referred to above, the session is payable whatever the reason for cancellation, unless I can find another time for the meeting
- In the unusual event of a cancellation by the coach, I will either re-schedule the session with the client and carry the amount forward to the next session or I will refund the client the money paid for the session
- If for any reason a client does not use any of their sessions within a paid-for period, unless I receive a notice to cancel the remaining session(s) in that period the payment will not be refunded
- Future bookings: At the end of a session we will agree the date, time and venue of the next session, and the coachee should keep a record of this, unless it has been agreed that the sessions have come to an end. I do not normally supply reminders of the booking.
- Confidentiality: All coaching is strictly confidential and subject to the code of ethics and practice of the Association for Coaching as stated below (see “Complaints procedure”). It is also subject to legal obligations to disclosure as stated below (See “Legal obligations to disclosure”). Please note that all notes of sessions and other meetings with coachees are kept securely and are not stored digitally.
Services to corporate clients are delivered on the following basis:
Fees and expenses
Sessions with clients are charged according to a fee agreed in advance. The rate includes advance preparation, reading and replying to emails and other material sent between sessions, provision of electronic support reading material and questionnaires, and thinking time.
Travel expenses are also invoiced for. This includes Standard Class rail fares, bus and underground fares, car travel at £0.45 per mile, parking where needed, air travel at Economy Class, and accommodation and subsistence where necessary. These expenses are normally agreed in advance with the client.
Normally, where a number of sessions are agreed, these are invoiced for as one invoice and payable as such.
Clients are responsible for ensuring that proper payment processes have been agreed with their Accounts Payable team such that payment will proceed according to these Terms and Conditions, including raising the necessary Purchase Orders and notifying them to us in a timely fashion in order to be included on our invoice, and that the Organisation’s own terms and conditions will not conflict with and/or override the Terms and Conditions here stated.
Payment is in advance for coaching and training services, to reach us by 5 working days before the session that has been booked. If payment has not been received, the booked session is cancelled, the client will be notified and a re-scheduled date can be arranged, subject to the cancellation terms below.
We reserve the right to charge 100% of the fee for any agreed work that is cancelled within 2 days (48 hours) of the agreed delivery dates(s), and 50% of the fee for a cancellation within 5 working days of that date or those dates.
When work is agreed with a client, the client has a right to 14 days in which to cancel the work. When work is delivered that is within those 14 days, the client is specifically asked to waive their right to the 14 day cancellation provision in order that the work may be delivered.
If for unforeseen circumstances, we had to cancel a session, we refund any money already paid for that session or carry it forward to set against a re-scheduled session by agreement.
If a client chooses to cancel pre-paid work, then subject to the above period of notice, all paid fees for future work will be refunded, or by agreement carried forward to set against any future work.
I aim to work to standards that are consistent with those of the main international professional associations. I am bound by the code of ethics and complaints procedure of the Association for Coaching. I take very seriously professional principles such as confidentiality, respect and the duty of care for the client. Should anybody have a complaint about my work, I ask that they address it in the first instance to myself at the address below or by email, and I will do my utmost to resolve the matter. However if the matter is not resolved to his or her satisfaction they then of course have a right to take the matter to the above relevant professional association.
Legal obligations to disclosure
If during coaching or other work, evidence of illegal activity or the potential for harm to the client themselves or others is disclosed, I will inform the appropriate authorities and so be unable to continue to maintain complete client confidentiality. If possible and appropriate, this would be done with the client’s consent and permission.
Data Security and Privacy
I treat matters of data security and privacy with the utmost importance, in the same way that client confidentiality is treated. No data is passed to third parties except as according to this Terms and Conditions.
All personal details and notes of sessions and other meetings with clients are kept securely and are not stored digitally.
No goods or services are knowingly sold to people under the age of 18.
The applicable law for the provision of goods and services by myself is that of England and Wales.
Supply of digital products
Digital products are supplied for download from our website subject to copyright. They may not be sold on, copied, or otherwise reproduced without our written consent. All rights are reserved.
Refunds policy for products
Digital products: This includes ebooks and mp3’s and other digitally-produced material recordings for download from the internet. They are provided in English only. Our servers are designed to deliver to your servers the material provided. When you click on the payment button provided and make your payment via Paypal, you will be manually supplied with a download link. Your equipment and broadband/fibre optic facilities need to be compatible in order for the process to work, and in certain circumstances, such as slow download services in your area or restrictions by your servers, download can be slow, and we are therefore not responsible for this component in obtaining your product. Should you have difficulty in accessing the download link and in starting your download, you are asked to contact us on this link and we will do all we can to help you, including providing alternative internet means where practicable. Should you be unable to access the product online and start the download, we will refund you your money.
You have a 14 day right of cancellation which you are asked to waive in order that we can promptly supply the above goods and your payment is treated as your request to be so supplied.
Telephone number: +44 (0)1249 813 188
Email: click here